Following up on our post about electric cars and our takeaway from the LES conference we recently attended, we thought we’d take a moment to discuss a new product that makes facilitating the accrual of energy to recharge electric cars super easy.
For our current family of solar customers, your interest might be piqued about the possibility of obtaining an electric car, but are unsure if you have the capacity to add to your array, or, in other cases (for those without an array), you might be unsure if you want to commit to a large array to begin with.
That’s where SolarEdge makes things incredibly easy. The SolarEdge HD-Wave inverter with integrated EV charger is the worlds first inverter integrated charger on the market.
What does that mean?
By installing the SolarEdge HD-Wave inverter-integrated EV charger, you experience the benefit of reduced hassle that stems from the nonexistent need to install a separate standalone EV charger and a PV inverter. What this means is, you’re eliminating the need for:
- Additional wiring
- Conduit and a breaker installation
- Potential distribution panel upgrade
- Added taken up space
The SolarEdge HD-Wave inverter with integrated EV charger gives you the ability to charge electric vehicles up to six times faster than a standard Level 1 charger through an innovative solar boost mode that utilizes grid and PV charging simultaneously.
Key benefits include:
- Combines sun and grid power for charging up to six times faster than existing electrical infrastructure
- Reduces workload and costs of installing a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter
- Saves space on main distribution panel to avoid potential upgrade
- 1 hour of charge time gives you approximately 25-30 miles of drive time as opposed to 5 miles on a standard Level 1 charger
- The system is demand-response ready
In short: this unit is really cool.
It can also be managed by an app you can install on your phone or device. And who doesn’t love geeking out over more analytical driven apps? We love ‘em!
- Charging status
- Control vehicle charging
- Set charging schedules
- Track PV, EV, and grid consumption for visibility and control of household energy usage
- Turn charging on and off directly from your smartphone
Look, we know the idea of an electric car isn’t for everybody – yet. What we’re doing is educating you on the fact, that it’s relatively easy to get into, it’s painless, cost-effective, and is a step in the right direction of leaving the earth a better place for our children and their children.
As always, we’re here if you want to have a conversation and discuss the limitless possibilities of any solar driven technologies! I mean, honestly, what’s not cool about driving a car powered by the sun?
Go Solar today for a brighter tomorrow!